Sunday, December 06, 2009

The possibilities are endless

e-crushes are so silly. Right? They're lame and are for losers. Can you imagine telling that 'how did you guys meet' story? Heh pathetic, right? My fat friend had two of them over the course of less than one year. I just want to yell at him, how gullible are you, dude! Well, in his defence, he is just 19. Or 20.

In my defence, my first e-crush and I had known each other outside the world wide web for about 5 months and were just 19-20 too when the e-crushing started. We would constantly talk to each other over skype halfway across the globe. And when we met the following summer, we dated. (uh oh. I just realized my dad might read this… he never knew we were more than just friends) it was the best summer I had!

But who woulda thunk two years later at 22 I would fucking ecrush on someone again! Yes I am that gullible and I am a looser by my own definition. But I wouldn't have it any other way. I love being a loser and I love the loser, who I know has a crush on me too.

But couple of days ago I was told "my friends think that I am rushing into crushing on you” And I spent a whole day thinking about that conversation. When the thinking drove me nuts, I started working on a digital painting that I knew would be a herculean task to complete. When I realized that my right arm is hurting from the countless hours of painting, I kept myself awake with a book.

Next morning I tried in vain to get myself to bring up that topic again. But couldn’t. If I did I would have said “your friends were probably right…” I am glad I didn’t because I would have ruined the best thing that happened to me in a long time! And I like living with hope that anything can happen, and keeping my options open.

The possibilities are endless.

1 comment: