Monday, March 22, 2010

I think I found my Favourite black pencil!

This is a page of studies done from Stephen Silver's Passion for life sketchbook. Stephen Silver has a style of deforming the human figure which appeals to me a lot! But as I tried to loosely copy the drawings, I lost track of the structure and thus my studies look like absolute crap!

But on the bright side, I was workin in black pencil, which i rarely do lately. But this was a new pencil I got as a sample from a workshop at SCAD last quarter. And despite my very loose light hand, the marks came out very dark. And I like that about it. Bolder marks have something of a commitment and confidence to them. Anyways, That's all for now. Off to my Drawing for Storyboarding class with Benjamin Phillips!

No comments:

Post a Comment