Thursday, May 15, 2008

Post I typed a few days ago

The argument with pranav, I left unfinished because I was getting late
for class. But I was still thinking about it when I was driving and I
came up with something pretty damn good.

Even if we're drawing just match boxes, there's no reason for people
who know, to dumb down and draw it all wrong. Draw it correct AND work
on drawing it beautiful.

And that's just one of the many things that's wrong with the education
system here. For this post, education system only refers to the
animation field. Take the topic of life drawing for instance. Stupid
fucking dolls (i can't remember how to spell mannequin or the word
just isn't in the t9 dictionary.) can't be posed in a natural human
position. They can never convey the right sense of weight or strain,
force etc.

Don't even get me started on caricatures. I was told to do some
caricatures and bring them in. And after ma'm looked at them and
instructing me, she didn't really show much caricaturing.. What she
was doing was just slight simplification of faces, the kind that would
lend itself to character designing for animation. Good caricatures are
a totally different field.

Lastly, I admit I'm no awesome artist, my hand need lots of work but
I'm not dumb or ignorant or uninformed. And I don't take too kindly to
people treating me like a fool.

No comments:

Post a Comment